Tuesday, April 03, 2007

the ravished heart

Song of Solomon 4:9

You have captivated my heart, my sister, my bride; you have captivated my heart with one glance of your eyes,

These are Jesus' words to His bride. That's us. The heart of God is captivated with love for us. The love of God is not just some theological truth about Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins so we wouldn't have to go to hell. At the physical center of the book, the Bible, there is this incredible love song about a bride and a Bridegroom. And at the center of that song, that Bridegroom tells that bride that she has captivated His heart.

Some versions say, "You have ravished my heart..."

His heart is ravished for you and me. Its captivated in love.

This is God we are talking about.

Now I know why Paul was always praying for the church that they would have a deeper revelation of God's love.

I see it dimly. I know its true. I want my heart to be captivated too.

Help Lord. Open my eyes.

No comments: