Monday, March 19, 2007

His desire

Song of Solomon, chapter 7, verse 10...

I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me.

For whoever might stumble across my humble words, I urge you to take some time, find a quiet place, and ask the Lord to give you a glimpse of the reality of this passage. Think about it and maybe pray it in the first person.

"I am my beloved's..." I am His. I belong to Him. I am loved beyond understanding. The Creator of the Universe has called me His own.

In another place in the Song, the Bride says, "I am my beloved's and He is mine." Its like a couple who stand and look at each other, and hear the preacher speak those words, "I now pronounce you man and wife." They have given themselves to one another. Its what we were created for.

He is hers. She is his.

We are His.

"...and His desire is for me." This is where speechlessness starts to set in. His desires, the longing affections of the heart of God, are for me... and you.

I am in awe.

He is good.

He is so very, very good.

I want to take this and just soak in it. I want to pray it every day, believing for just a little more depth of understanding each time. I want the truth of it to captivate my heart in a way that will set me free to give my self to Him fully and completely, as He deserves. I want to give Him the kind of love and devotion of which He is worthy.

Open our eyes, Lord. Show us the height and depth and breadth and length of your great love. Let that love be poured out in our hearts to be given back to you, and to all of those around us.

No comments: