Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Awe

Isa 64:1-4

Oh, that You would rend the heavens and come down,
That the mountains might quake at Your presence--
As fire kindles the brushwood, as fire causes water to boil--
To make Your name known to Your adversaries,
That the nations may tremble at Your presence!
When You did awesome things which we did not expect,
You came down, the mountains quaked at Your presence.
For from days of old they have not heard or perceived by ear,
Nor has the eye seen a God besides You,
Who acts in behalf of the one who waits for Him.

Lord, I want this in my life. Rend the heavens, I pray, and awaken my heart to how great and awesome you are. Let me live in the awareness of your presence, and how every breath I take is a gift from you. Its so easy to forget about you. Its so easy to get busy with the stuff of everyday life, and simply forget you. I ask you to shake me in your love whenever I start to become dull. That is grace... that is mercy... that you would protect me from a hard heart. You "act in behalf of the one who waits" for you. Remind me to wait. CSI calls... or was it American Idol? My business calls. I just need one more account. After all, you never know when I might lose one. The gods of this world cry out for my attention. Lord, help me hunger for one thing. Help me remember that there is one thing that will truly satisfy the hunger of my heart. More than that, help me remember your goodness and love. Help me remember that you are worthy that I would turn away from every other god, and give you my whole heart.

You are worthy....

No comments: