Saturday, July 22, 2006

where do I begin?

Its been a while. These are intense times. The world is in turmoil. The war in Iraq, Israel, Lebanon, Hezbollah. Spiritually, it seems that everyone I know is being dealt with in deep, penetrating ways. The Lord seems to be going for our hearts in ways that are more challenging than I can remember for a long time. Issues we have "put up with" for a long time are being exposed and called to account. Its not a time for religious games. This is a time for reality with God. We must let the Holy Spirit have His way with us. He wants to set our hearts free to serve our Father in love, and walk with Him in integrity. No more "pet sins" we coddle and hang on to.

No... I am not talking about some heavy-handed legal religion.

Just... reality. Honesty. Surrender to Jesus. Loving Him with all our heart, soul, mind, and strength. Giving Him "the reward of His suffering."

Lord, grant us a spirit of humility and repentance. You are worthy that we would live lives where, "it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me." Show me how to let you live more fully in and through me.

You are worthy.

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Reality? Perchance you ask too much :)

I think that life in the kingdom looks most like reality when we are exposed ... when light is shined on those dark places in our hearts. Unfortunately, many of us have kept our hearts darkened by past pain and trial ... some of this from church people.

Our challenge is to live vulnerable and transparent lives in healthy communities ... sharing our trials and pain and praying for each other - this looks like reality to me.