Tuesday, January 24, 2006

In His Heart

Eph 1: 3-8
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will- to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the one he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.

I felt impressed to read in Ephesians this morning, and this is as far as I got. God is so good. He has had a plan for ME since before the creation of the world. He has always carried in His heart a picture of Brian as His son. He has envisioned me walking with Him as His friend, sharing in His love, trusting Him as my faithful Father. And all of my life He has been working inside me to reveal His goodness and love in a way that would capture my heart's affections. In my times of deep worship, and my struggles with sin, His love has never changed. For better or for worse, His love has never changed. Before time began, He had a plan for me, and He is determined to bring it to pass.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.

The Creator of the universe has set His love on me. The One who spoke the heavens and the earth into existence loves me, and has a purpose in His heart for me. That is unspeakably awesome. I am lost for words. They dont exist. They couldnt. No words could truly capture how wonderful He is. Many years ago I heard a man named Leonard Ravenhill say that the highest form of worship is speechless adoration. Every once in a while, I stumble into a moment when I understand that....

No comments: