Thursday, August 18, 2005

Blue Like Jazz

I wish someone would pay me to do this. I think of stuff almost every day that I would like to write, and then, by the time I get home and find time, I am too tired or cant recall my prior profundity. And after all, that's what this is all about..... being profound. Right??? Jussssssst kidding. I did start a new book tonight. I had been hearing people talk about it, so I plucked it off the shelf at Barnes and Noble while I had a cup of coffee. Blue Like Jazz. Honestly, I was a bit annoyed initially with the guy's writing style. Then I flipped forward a few chapters, and sort of got hooked. I almost bought the book, but didn't want to pay their high price, so I will check the library, or Overstock.com. I know, I know..... Christians aren't supposed to use that company because of their "suggestive" advertising. Sorry.... they are the best deal out their on books. Annnnnnyway, I found myself laughing out loud at some of this guys stories. I actually had to get up and move to a cluster of chairs where no one was sitting, so I wouldn't disturb anyone.

Well, this isn't my deepest post, but at least I am writing. Its probably representative of where I am right now, though. This is one of the more unexpected legs of my journey with God. And I trust He will bring me through it just a little more like Jesus.

No comments: