Monday, March 21, 2005

more evidence

I was thinking about my children today. I do that often. Many times, every day, each one. Nothing is more important to me in this life than for them to be healthy and happy and fulfilled. I was driving down the highway, listening to my "good buddy" Greg Boyd talk about the cross. He was explaining what was happening when Jesus took upon Himself the sins of the world. In illustration, he talked about how he would gladly lay down his own life for any of his three children. He said that if any one of them were to get cancer, he would take that cancer into himself if it would mean that they would be healed. And if they all three got cancer, he would take on all of their cancers at once, to see them healthy and whole. And I thought to myself... I would do that. I would do that in a heartbeat. There wouldnt be a moment's hesitation. I am not bragging. I am not trying to say how wonderful or holy I am. Its just a fact that I would do anything possible to see my children experience and enjoy all the incredible gifts of love that God has for them. As I thought about it, my heart filled with wonder at Him. He is the only explanation for that kind of love. I am not some wonderful, exceptional person. Far from it. I am about as average as you can get, and by nature, very self-absorbed. But I would do anything for those kids, and the reality of God and His incomprehensible love is the only explanation for that love in my heart.

(well..... they ARE pretty awesome kids, but I am not that awesome to love them that way with out some supernatural help.)

God is good.... in all His ways.... and we are blessed beyond our understanding.

Thank you Lord....

No comments: